Programme and Presentations
The 3rd TF-CSIRT seminar and meeting took place at TR3 building, Trg republike 3 (marked with number 2 on the map), Ljubljana on 31 May and 1 June 2001.
Thursday, 31 May 2001
- 1. Welcome. Overview of the programme. Logistics announcements. Apologies. Introduction of those present.
Seminar Session 1: Current Practice in CSIRTs – Organisation, structure, working methods.
- IRIS-CERT – Chelo Malagon.
- Deutsche Telekom – Matthias Etrich.
Seminar Session 2: Presentation and detailed discussion of content of Training Materials for CSIRTs.
- Organisational Issues
- Operational issues
- Market Issues
Seminar Session 3: Incident Description and Exchange Format. Update on ongoing work.
- Relations between IODEF/ITDWG and IDMEF/IDWG – Yuri Demchenko.
- Pilot Project Proposal – Jan Meijer.
- CSIRT Workflow – Jan Meijer.
IODEF and Incident Handling (early IODEF adoption in Scandinavia) – Jimmy Arvidsson.
Friday, 1 June 2001
3rd TF-CSIRT meeting
1. Welcome and Apologies.
2. Round of Introductions.
3. Minutes of Last Meeting (Barcelona 19 January 2001). Status report on actions from last meeting.
4. Trusted Introducer service for CSIRTs. Status report – presentation by Mark Koek (TBC). Results of the review panel – Brian Gilmore. Discussion.
5. Update on FIRST. FIRST Conference 2001 (Toulouse, 17-22 June 2001). Other FIRST Developments.
6. Relations with CEC. Report on meeting with CEC representatives by Karel Vietsch. Discussion about possible project proposals.
7. Status Report on Training Material.
- Legal Issues – Jacques Schuurman, CERT-NL.
- Organisational Issues – Gareth Price, BTSS CSIRT.
- Technical Issues – Klaus Moeller, DFN-CERT.
- Market Issues – Andrew Cormack, JANET- CERT.
- Operational Issues – Gareth Price, BTSS CSIRT.
8. Autumn workshop for CSIRTs – Programme, CEC/NATO contribution, etc.
9. Clearinghouse of Incident Handling Tools. Questionnaire and responses received – Yuri Demchenko. Discussion.
10. Results of yesterday’s Seminar Sessions. Summary conclusions and follow-up actions. IODEF Pilot project discussion.
11. Other Work Items. Encouraging and Assisting the Establishment of New CSIRTs. Legal Issues and Relations with Law Enforcement Agencies.
12. Date and Venue of Next Meetings.
13. Any other Business.
List of registered participants.