The 2nd TF-CSIRT seminar and meeting took place at Sala de Juntas, Torre Girona Building, C/ Jordi Girona 1-3, Barcelona on 18 and 19 January 2001.
Thursday, 18 January 2001: Seminar
1. Welcome. Overview of the programme. Logistics announcements. Apologies. Introduction of those present.
- Seminar Session 1: Current Practice in CSIRTs – Organisation, structure, working methods.
- Seminar Session 2: Vendor CSIRTs, security tools, incident handling tools.
- Cisco Product Security Incident Response – Damir Rajnovic.
- Cisco Security Services, Tools and Support – Michael Behringer.
- Discussion on TF-CSIRT Clearinghouse for Incident Handling Tools – Yuri Demchenko.
- Incident tracking with Remedy by Andrew Cormack.
- Seminar Session 3: Security Contact Entry in the RIPE Database. Presentation of a proposal and discussion.
- Proposal presentation – Wilfried Wöber . Discussion.
- Seminar Session 4: Incident Description and Exchange Format. Update on ongoing work: Data Model, XML DTD, ITDWG Update.
- TF-CSIRT Incident Taxonomy and Description WG work process – Yuri Demchenko. IODEF/ITDWG and IDEF/IDWG relations. IODEF XML DTD vs IODEF XML Schema.
- Taxonomy of IODEF related Terminology – Jimmy Arvidsson.
- ITDWG charter update – Jan Meijer.
Friday, 19 January 2001: 2nd TF-CSIRT meeting
1. Welcome and Apologies.
2. Round of Introductions.
3. Minutes of Last Meeting (Paris, 29 September 2000). Status report on actions from last meeting.
4. Trusted Introducer Pilot Service. Update – presentation by Don Stikvoort and Klaus-Peter Kossakowski.
5. CA for CSIRTs in Europe. Presentation by Don Stikvoort and Christoph Graf. Discussion and next actions.
6. Update on FIRST. FIRST Conference 2001 (Toulouse, 17-22 June 2001). Other FIRST Developments.
7. Training Workshops for New (Staff of) CSIRTs. Presentation by Andrew Cormack, Claudia Natanson and Jacques Schuurman. Discussion.
8. Relations with CEC. Report on meeting with CEC representatives by Karel Vietsch. Discussion.
9. Results of yesterday’s seminar sessions. Summary conclusions and follow-up actions.
10. Other Work Items. Encouraging and Assisting the Establishment of New CSIRTs. Legal Issues and Relations with Law Enforcement Agencies.
11. Date and Venue of Next Meetings.
12. Any other Business.